Thinking of remodeling your restaurant? Check out these helpful tips for hiring the perfect contractor for the job:
- Check online reviews. The internet is a great resource for learning more about potential restaurant renovation contractors. Check the online reviews of different companies on Google, Yelp, Angie’s List, and the Better Business Bureau for an inside look at what their customers think of them and the work they do.
- Work with a company that has restaurant experience. Choosing a company that has never done a restaurant remodel or that specializes in mainly residential home renovations isn’t the best idea. Find a contractor that either specializes in or has plenty of experience renovating commercial spaces like restaurants. You want to know you can trust these professionals to know the specific needs of a restaurant when designing the remodel.
- Avoid contractors who are brand new to your area. Remodeling companies who have established themselves in your community are more beneficial to use for your restaurant renovation because they will be familiar with what your customers like. They should also have many completed projects in the area that you can view in person to see the quality of work they provide.
- ASK QUESTIONS. The great part about looking for a contractor is that you are free to contact as many as you wish, and have your questions about their products and services answered directly. Some good questions to ask potential contractors are:
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you insured and certified?
- What is your average project timeline for a restaurant remodel?
- How many restaurant renovation projects have you completed since you’ve been in business?
- Do you have site supervisors or subcontractors assigned to each project?
- What sets you apart from other construction companies in the area?
- What is your typical project process for restaurant remodels?
One of the most important questions you can ask is whether or not your project fits their company’s schedule and business model. A company can be professional and experienced, but if they cannot accommodate you the way you need them to, they probably aren’t the right fit.
Looking for a reliable Maryland restaurant remodeling contractor? Northstar Commercial Construction has almost 30 years of experience working in a multitude of industries, which has provided us with the knowledge, tools, and experience to complete almost any job.
Contact us today for a complimentary consultation for your next restaurant remodel!